IDS offers a variety of high-consistency metal coatings compatible with most metal bond diamond, resin bond diamond, and cubic boron nitride grades.
These coatings help improve tool life and efficiency through a variety of mechanisms.
Nickel (30%, 56%, 60%)
Nickel coatings improve tool life and surface finish with increased particle adhesion and heat dissipation
- N30 (30% nickel by weight)- Recommended for phenolic resin and polyimide bonds
- N56 (56% nickel by weight)- Recommended for metal, phenolic resin, and polyimide bonds
- N60 (60% nickel by weight)- Recommended for phenolic resin and polyimide bonds
A thin layer of titanium applied via CVD, specially designed for bonds containing cobalt, iron, and bronze. Titanium coating helps form a bridge between metal bond diamond and the bond system for improved particle retention and tool life.
- T2 (2% titanium by weight)- Recommended for metalÂ bonds containing cobalt, iron, and bronze
Copper coatings improve both mechanical and chemical retention of diamond particles in resin bond systems and reduce heat build-up. Recommended for dry grinding applications.
- C50 (50% copper by weight)- Recommended for phenolic resin and polyimide bonds